Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can I grow a bit more?

justed turned 19 and have grown like an almost 3/4 of an inch in the past year. However my growth as always kind of been steady, during my growth spurt I grew a little over 2 inches. I grew almost 3/4 of an inch since last year. Can I push out 5'11 1/2-6'0. My voice started cracking a year ago, and I have light facial hair, and chest hair starting to appear last year. I seem less developed then other kids in my opnion



Mom 5'4 1/2



Dad 6 feet



grandfather 6 feet



grandfather 6 feet



grandma 5'6 1/2



grandma 5'3, her father was 6'2, but her mom was 4'11



2 of my dads brothers are over 6 feet, one is 6'3, the other one is 5'11. my dad grandfather was 6'3-6'4.



I am 5'9 1/2, I was a little under 5'9 last year



Can I grow a bit more?

If your voice is only cracking recently then you definitely ound kinda late, although chest hair might sugget otherwise. Im same height as you but it all came on in the last 2 years; I used to be ridiulously short. Im 18 now, but because of my late schedule a lot of people think I can maybe get another 1/2 inch or so as my spurt tapers off. Because your growth pattern seems teady it's kinda hard to judge other than your family figures. It's not impossible to think that you could hit 6'0 though. Your previous year' growth certainly underlines a late growth pattern cuz it seems like your still going at a reasonable rate, so while I'm sure that it will decline I would kind of expect you to grow an inch or so more. The women in your family look like they would kinda hold you back, but I think that both of your brothers are tall, and your at least average height so if you make it to 5'10 then it looks like you've evaded the 'short' genes and you could push on to 5'11. I have a cousin who grew until he was 21 and topped out at 6'3. In short, you CAN definitely grow some more (but you might not).

No comments:

Post a Comment