Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Complexion in the Black community.?

growing up, my complexion would always change. I got darker and darker as I grew older. I used to get teased alot in school because of my complexion. I even got mistreated by my own family for it. My great-grandma used say that I was getting too dark and that it's all my dads fault for producing darker kids. I'm 16 years old now, and sometimes I still feel ugly because of my skin and how most of the guys in my school go after all the white girls and fair-skinned black girls and they snub me and say that "you're pretty for a dark-skinned, but I only like light-skinned girls" not only do I have dark skin. but I have natural hair. My hair used to be relaxed and it was down to my waist. I wanted to go nautal because I want my hair to be healier and I wanted to start over. And the kids at school are always saying, "you have napps in your hair, or ***** u need a perm." Has any other Black person dealt with this?



Complexion in the Black community.?

I am proud of my the colour of my skin and I love the kinkiness of my hair (Even though my avatar has golden hair, it is because I want it to look different and punky and it matches her skirt colour!). I really don't understand why anyone would want to be white/light skinned, when they have dark skin. Since you always have to worry about the sun and are at risk of sunburn. Being dark skinned this one less thing to worry about.



I love everything about being black and would not change my skin colour or hair texture for the world!!!!!. Being white is not something I desire, because I KNOW for a fact that being white is not all that it is portrayed to be. Also SO WHAT if you have got naps in your hair, that is your own hair texture, you are not white, so why would have straight hair?



When I used to be in school people used to call me rubber lips, for having large lips and NOW what are people having done. LIP IMPLANTS!!!!!!, what you must realize, that if someone does not have a particular feature, you have they will always try to knock it. Be proud of who you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise or you will just end up a mess like them.



Complexion in the Black community.?

I'm sorry to hear this. In fact, I am from East Africa and the word for dark skinned women connotes beauty. You should just try to remember that your neighborhood or school or even family isn't THE WORLD so- just let it bounce off of you because it's a limited sample of people. You do not need a perm. YOu need to just accept yourself for the beauty that you are and let the other lemmings follow their own ideas!



Complexion in the Black community.?

I cant see who asked the question. Just playing. LOL. This is like many jokes that people say against dark people. I know what you mean. Lighter skin is more favored in the world. I dont why. Just get that dirt off your shoulder.



Complexion in the Black community.?

Sometimes black people are their own worst enemy and this is a great example of that; slave mentality in hair texture and skin complexion



Know that you're beautiful and those people have been conditoned, they have "white man syndrome" and they don't even know it; too many benefits to dark skin to care what some ignorant fool thinks



Love you, love yourself first, no one else can love you unless you do it first



Complexion in the Black community.?

much love to you princess.



You wont have this issue as an adult I promise. Just hang in there. You've taken a good step by not piosoning your scalp with chemicals. Have you noticed that many old black women wear wigs (there is a reason for that).



I dont care much about complexion, but I do notice that light skinned girls pay me more attention, because they like dark brothas. The dark honies are alwyas chasing the light skinned dudes.



Complexion in the Black community.?

This doesnt really answer your question, but I promise things will get better for you when you get older. There's a big world out there beyond high school thats filled with people that couldnt give a flip how dark your skin is. Look forward to that and ignore those that criticize you now.



Complexion in the Black community.?

Lol, lots of people have dealt with that kind of non-sense, sadly.



Well, there are always gonna be people think you more or less attractive cos your complexion. In terms of dating, I'd say if somebody thinks your too dark, that person is probably not worth your time. Might as well go after the one who's attracted, as long as he's not a jerk.



Can't change much about your family but I guess you can give people the respect they deserve.



Worst come to worse there are always white guys. Some may be jerks but some of us are nice enough.



What do you mean you have "natural" hair?



Anyway, take care. Be proud of who you are are and see those that don't accept you for the door nobs that they are.



Cheers



Complexion in the Black community.?

Yeah, i'm 16, my family is from Ghana, and all my life I have always been too dark. But don't let them get to u, because that's how the mentality is nowadays, ever since the Europeans started conquering people. You sound very beautiful, and God made you to be who you are, so screw them, sorry to say it so harshly. Be confident in how you look, no matter what other may say.



Complexion in the Black community.?

I'm a white man, and although I can only speak for myself (as usual), below is a link to the woman in this year's Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue who I thought was the most beautiful of them all.



Complexion in the Black community.?

I am a black person with a very light complexion. I have always been attracted to dark skinned black men. My husband is very dark and I never thought much about complexion until my daughter was born. She is very dark. She gets teased in school as well. She actually told me she wishes she was light like me. I think she has such a beautiful complexion. I just don't get it. She only looks at light skinned boys. To me everyone is entitled to their own preference for a mate. as to the teasing trust me everyone gets teased at some point in time about something so don't take it to seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment