Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If my grandmother on my mothers side was creole would i be creole, have creole genes just apart of h

My mom's mom was creole, and her aunt was a full blooded indian, our great grandfather was irish and his cousin was german. do i just have part creole background or am i creole? or what. i know that i'm black but what is my hertiage background. my mom is lightskinned, thin straight hair and she's the only one of her mother kids that came out like that, she's the baby. my baby brother looks hispanic with red skin, its just always red. i'm from new orleans and i'm just trying to find out aboout our family history or what others may think. help me out yall. it's not just a language it's a nationality, heritage in new orleans and people from down south but new orleans is where they are rooted from.



If my grandmother on my mothers side was creole would i be creole, have creole genes just apart of history?

Yes, if your grandmother was creole, you also have Creole genes. Does this "make" you Creole, no. Just because you have the genes of a culture in your veins does not make you part of that culture. From a biological standpoint, you are unmistakalby Creole, but from a cultural standpoint I am guessing you are African American. Sounds to me, from what you wrote, you are a definate "Cajun." Most of us "true" Cajuns ended up being very "mixed."

No comments:

Post a Comment